Monday, September 7, 2009

Antarctica - Best value for your money

Looking for a trip to Antarctica? Looking for the best value for your money?

From photo-gallery of Penguin pictures
Zodiac, iceberg, penguins.
Zodiac cruise to Adelie penguins on iceberg.

Photo: Allan Hansen

I had a hard time trying to decide between the many tour companies arranging trips to Antarctica. It is rather expensive so getting the best value for my money was my first priority. To me best value is to get as many hours on land per day as possible. Most landing size has a limit of 100 visitors on land at a time. That excludes all the larger ships.


Why choose Cheesemans?

After much research I chose to travel with Cheesemans' Ecology Safaris after reading this on their homepage:
Maximum time on shore will be available for photography, wildlife experiences and exploring the landscapes of the great Southern Oceans. Our priority is assuring the most in-depth wildlife experience in the Antarctic, an experience made possible by our excellent itinerary and committed expedition staff.

My first journey with them in 2002/2003 was fantastic so I repeated the trip in 2008 with my wife.


Antarctica travel route.

We embarked on the Polar Star in Ushuaia, Argentina. We had 3 days on the Falkland Island, 6 days at South Georgia Island, 1 day in South Orkney Islands and finally 7 days along the Antarctic Peninsula.

View Antarctica cruise route with Cheesemans in a larger map

Antarctica highlights.

Some of the top highlights on the trip were the huge King penguin colonies at South Georgia Island. Here at Salisbury Plain.
King penguin colony.
View King penguin colony in a larger size.
200.000 pair of King penguins in one spot is an unforgettable sight.
Photo: Allan Hansen.

More photos.

King penguin pictures here: King penguins at South Georgia Island

Other penguin photos here: Penguin pictures with lots of Chinstrap, Adelie, Gentoo and Macaroni penguins.

I found my trip to "Antarctica - Best value for your money"
You are welcome to contact me for further informations.

Photo Arnakke - Allan Hansen.
Contact Photographer Allan Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment